Sat Feb 24th, 8am - 4pm and Sun Feb 25th 8am - 4pm, 1 hour lunch
The 20-hour training, 14 hours on Zoom or in person and 6 hours of self-study, is designed for social workers, mental health clinicians, yoga teachers, educators, and health care professionals, etc who are looking to deepen their understanding of the whole-system impact of complex Trauma.
The course will emphasize the core components of the practice and process of Trauma Center Trauma Sensitive Yoga and will provide specific tools to support participants to facilitate trauma-sensitive movement and breath practices that are vital to the healing process. Through developing an understanding of complex trauma, attachment theory, and the neuroscience underpinning the TCTSY methodology participants gain skills that support healing from long-term trauma. Participants will learn to foster this anti-oppressive approach to healing through a trauma-informed lens. Group lectures, practice through movement and breath as well as group practicum will be offered.
This training can be used as a prerequisite for the Center for Trauma and Embodiment
300-hour certificate program.
You will gain
- The practice and process of Trauma Center Trauma Sensitive Yoga
- Learning to facilitate trauma-sensitive movement and breath practices
- An understanding of Complex Trauma, Attachment Theory, and Neuroscience
- How to foster an anti-oppressive approach through a trauma-informed lens
- How to work with relational challenges
- Trauma Sensitive breathing techniques
- Practicum offered in small groups
Continuing Education Credits Offered:
Yoga Alliance, 20 CEUs
IYAT, 18 CEUs